Monday, August 22, 2016

Awww...A Touching Tribune

One of the stops on the SoCal Food Tour was The Mexico Cafe. It's a family owned restaurant in San Bernardino. The food was good and the company was great. I think we had 15 people at one huge table. We ate, drank and laughed for a long time. Fortunately, large lingering groups are a regular thing for authentic Mexican meals.

Outside the restaurant was a monument. I was so busy hugging friends that I almost missed it, despite the fact that it was taller than me! Upon closer inspection I saw it was a tribute to local police K-9s. I'm sure I said "Awww..."

Below are pictures I took of all four sides. The sun was glaring on my scratched up screen and my battery was dying, so they're not the best pics from my vacation. Sorry.


Sides one and two have the names of local K-9 Officers. I'm assuming the dates represent time in service, which makes me sad for K-9 Kilo.


A third side explains the reasoning behind the restaurant's annual "Dollars for Dogs" events. At these events K-9s perform demonstrations while officers perform as wait staff. All tips and donations go directly to the organization. From what I can gather, the restaurant has raised over $100,000 for the K-9 Unit since 2005. Kudos!


The last side has a poignant quote about the love and loyalty of dogs. It just makes you want to hug your dog, doesn't it?

It's Awww...Monday! Want to start you week with a smile? Click around below and see what others are sharing today. A big thanks to Sandee over at Comedy Plus for hosting this hop. -- K


No comments:

Post a Comment