Friday, September 14, 2012

Club Stuff

I'd like to take a minute to brag about Dog Club. I LOVE my dog club. We get together and do some amazing dog things and I have met some amazing dog people.

Tomorrow is our 2nd Annual All Breed Fun Match. We did it last year and everyone had a blast. Basically, a fun match is an unofficial dog show. People bring their dogs -- lots of beautiful dogs -- and we have a practice dog show. We're doing both rally and conformation this year. No points are given. Dogs and handlers get a feel for the ring, judges give constructive criticism, and everyone oohs and aahs over the dogs. We sell concessions and raffle off a bunch of dog-related stuff. The club makes a little money and, more importantly, it gets our name out. We discovered last year that putting on a fun match is a lot of work for the club members, but it was worth it. Everybody had fun and we all agreed to do it again. This year I signed up to be a ring steward. I'm excited (and a little nervous). I hope to see you there. If you can't make it, start planning now for the 3rd Annual All Breed Fun Match. Next year I'm participating with my soon-to-be-born puppy. I can't wait!!! And yes, there will be pictures. -- K



No comments:

Post a Comment