Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Blogger Challenge Winners (IMHO)

Last week I participated in the Pet Blogger Challenge. Over 100 bloggers added their blogs to the blog hop. Most of them were A LOT more experienced than me; all of them had something interesting to say. I hope you checked them out. Below are a few of the blogs that stood out for me. I hope you check them out. Please tell me what you think. Did you find a blog that I missed? If so, let me know!


  •  Dawg Business is dedicated to dog health issues. A lot of information has been compiled in the 3 years that the blog has been around. The posts are well organized and it's very easy to spend hours clicking around this site (trust me on this).
  • Doggie Paddling is a new blog with only a handful of posts, but it's definitely worth watching. I like the product reviews and now I really want a Bark Box. I also think that everybody should read the post on keeping an emergency dog pack in the car.
  • The Elka Almanac is eclectic and fun. It reminds me of a more polished Doberman Pinscher version of my blog. The kind of blog mine would like to be when it grows up! The Where Do Puppies Come From? post is worth reading!
  • Just Another Dog Blog is pure eye candy! The subtitle is "ONE CAMERA, 2 DOGS, AND A LOT OF FREE TIME." The pictures are absolutely beautiful!
  • The Preventive Vet is another blog about health issues written by an emergency room veterinarian.
  • Something Wagging This Way Comes is another blog I really enjoy. It's funny and fresh. Also, the author doesn't forget that her dog is a dog, not a "furry child." That bugs me!
I'm also happy to report that I received some wonderful blog tips from other bloggers. What an incredible community I stumbled into! I have the next three days off and plan on tweaking my blog in between errands and puppy class. I hope you enjoy the changes. A big "Thank You!" goes out to everybody who stopped by. -- K


    4 comments:

    1. You have selected some of my favourite blogs and authors here so I can't help but admire your taste! One of the reasons I love the PBC so much is reading everyone else's posts and gaining inspiration for the new year. I am so glad you joined in and that I found your blog as well! I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi Kelly, Got the link to your blog from your Aunt Elaine H. We don't have dogs, but have 3 rescued greyhounds as our granddogs. I just joined as a follower, and will be back to visit. Hope you will pop over my way when you have time. I make cards with your lovely Aunt. Good luck on your blog, and I'll be coming back to check out your adventures.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks for coming by! Aunt Elaine has made some beautiful cards. I always enjoy receiving one from her. I admire her creative talent. She and my mother are both very crafty. Unfortunately I think it skipped a generation!

        Delete
    3. You nailed some of my favorites, Kelley! This year as I read through all the posts I added each blog to my Google Reader. As I have time, I'm going back and revisiting each of the blogs and reading some of their older posts. I'm sure I'll be adding quite a few to my "must read" list. The Challenge is such a great way to make new friends.

      ReplyDelete