Monday, December 9, 2013

Mental Health Days

I'm taking some personal time off -- no specific reason, but when you find yourself trying to come up with reasons not to hit people with your truck you can safely say there is stress involved somewhere. I'm just trying to get through this week avoiding T.T. -- my toxic truck -- as much as possible. (We still don't know what's making me sick.) Then I have 10 days off. I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself. I don't "relax" well. (Funny, you'd think I'd have a cleaner house. Unfortunately, I don't do that well either!) I'll probably be blogging and working on the "Award Winning" GSD club newsletter. I've got a few other things planned too.
  1. I'm going to the Eukanuba Dog Show in Orlando. Tickets aren't cheap, so I'm just going on Sunday to see the herding group. There's also going to be agility trials, obedience trials, seminars and LOTS of vendors. I am so excited. I promise to take pictures and blog all about it.
  2. I'm going to make more dog treats. I found the Bake a Bone (as seen on TV) on sale at the Navy Exchange. I even got some treat mixes to go with it -- for almost half what they advertise on TV. I'll let you know how they come out.
  3. Jedi and I are going to walk every day (or close to it). We're still training for the Chariots of Fur 5K. I'm getting nervous about it too. Thanks to T.T. we've only been able to walk 2-3 times a week (instead of 5 like I had wanted) and our best distance is only 2.2 miles. Our goal (OK, my goal -- Jedi couldn't care less) is 3.5 miles in an hour or less. 
  4. We need to work on stacking as well -- especially if I want that white jacket.
  5. I want to read at least two books. Reading has always been a great escape for me. Problem is, all I have around here is non-fiction. I need a good novel. Any suggestions? -- K

No comments:

Post a Comment