Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Luckee Dog

I scream,
You scream,
We all scream for ice cream!
 
Some of my most vivid childhood memories are chasing the ice cream truck with a couple quarters in hand. The ice cream man was the embodiment of summer vacation. I loved the ice cream man. I'll tell you who else loves the ice cream man -- Jedi!
 
Dogs in Jacksonville have their own ice cream man complete with an ice cream truck. Cool hunh? Guy Leblanc and his dog Luckee can be seen at various dog-friendly events around town serving homemade frozen treats for dogs out of the super cool truck. They're proud of the fact that Luckee Dog K9 Kool Treats have no preservatives, no added sugar, no artificial flavoring/color, and no milk/milk by-products. Jedi couldn't care less about any of that, he just likes the fact that it tastes good. (Peanut Butter Bacon is his favorite.)

Me and the Doggie Ice Cream Man
Last week I discovered something really exciting. Several stores around town are now carrying Luckee Dog. Now Jedi and I don't have to comb the internet to figure out which event the truck is at to get our ice cream fix. Even better, a store in my tiny beach town is carrying it too! We saw the truck outside Salty Paws Healthy Pet Market while on routine patrol. I was so excited. My new partner was confused by my enthusiasm, especially when I handed her my phone and said "Take my picture!" New Girl isn't a dog nut like me -- yet -- but I just had to share the ice cream man with you all. (BTW, who else is humming the Van Halen song right now?)
 
 
It's Tasty Tuesday, where Kol's Notes and Sugar the Golden Retriever host all kinds of yummy stuff. Hop around and see what I mean. -- K
 


No comments:

Post a Comment